Inv. Scu 1123
The statue, of which only the upper part remains, probably represented a female deity. Larger-than-life, the figure wears a long tunic (peplos) fastened on the shoulders.
The face, with idealized features, is characterized by a concentrated gaze looking downwards. The hair, parted in the centre and adorned by a ribbon, is gathered at the nape, then falls on the neck and shoulders.
The arms and lower part of the body are missing.
The work comes from the Horti Tauriani (or Vettiani) on the Esquiline hill, and it is a copy of a 4th century BC original.