Inv. Scu 368
The portrait features a man with the head briskly turned to left; the rather elongated face is characterized by small, close-set eyes, high-bridged nose and full lips.
The hair is arranged in thick curls on the forehead, while on the skull it consists in straight locks.
The bust, cut down at the chest, is set on a circular base bearing the inscription “MEMORIAE T. FLAVI EUCARPI AVONCULI C IULI EUROTIS.” (“To the memory of Titus Flavius Eucarpius, great uncle of Caius Julius Eurotes.”)
The sculpture is dated to the Flavian age.
Formerly in the collection of cardinal Alessandro Albani, it was purchased for the Capitoline Museum in 1733.